Thursday, September 22, 2011

3 or 4 Months Behind Schedule, but Betty's Back...

Note - I forgot to publish this post but this was written 8/29/11...

I really don't want to try and remember everything I've done since my last post, but everything on my last list is finally done  That list was -

-- Install fan housing, fan, fan housing flaps, and oil filler tube
-- Reconnect thermostat wire and try and make sense of my cooling flaps
-- Install engine tin
-- Install fuel injection/EGR components
-- Install fan belt, oil filler boot, and engine carrier
-- Clean/Re-wire all ground wires
-- Move starter relay to engine compartment
-- Re-wire and install side marker light
-- Paint and install exhaust and muffler
-- Install the engine

If I had known how time consuming this was all going to be I probably would not have tackled so much at once.  But the engine work is done and Betty is purring like a kitten, the only ongoing issue I have is that the alternator is not charging the battery.  I'm pretty spent on working on her so I have carted her off to my mechanic to have a look at that and to give her a general go-through to make sure I didn't do anything really stupid.  I should have her back this week, just in time for the 'Pack's opening day Sept. 3rd.  I'll slowly work on the interior stuff I have planned throughout the season, game days are a pretty good time to get some of it done.

A couple before/after pics of the engine.  I can't believe these are the best ones I have, but it is what it is.




It looks pretty good to me, and I can tell by the sound that Betty prefers a cleaned up engine.  It sounds and runs very very smooth.  It's tailgate time!

No comments:

Post a Comment